Vacancy: Pastry Chef
Safari Park Hotel, a five star leader in the Hospitality sector is seeking qualified applicants for the above position;
Reporting to the Executive Chef the successful candidate will be responsible to;
- Oversee the Pastry Section of the F&B Kitchen department by demonstrating strong leadership qualities and attention to detail.
- Accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products including their presentation.
- Develop standardised and accurate recipes for all menu items updating them continuously.
- Ensure that all pastry and Bakery food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensure proper levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet /functions.
- Assign tasks effectively for the efficient use of allocated labour.
- Act as a team leader, trainer and motivator for the pastry and Bakery section working closely with and maintaining good relations with all culinary team members and other departments.
- Seek to maintain knowledge of industry modern trends in the world of pastry and baking.
The position is challenging and calls for a dynamic, confident, aggressive and forward thinking person with the following attributes;
- Aged 25 – 45 years
- Be holders of a Diploma or Degree in Pastry and Bakery an internationally recognised hotel training institution.
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach to all pastry and bakery production to be able to lead from the front to ensure quality, presentation and consistency according to hotel standards
- Have at least five (5) years experience in a similar position in a large organisation, specialising in making cakes, pastry products, bread and general baking.
- Fully competent in all aspects of baking and pastry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
- Innately creative and self motivated.
- Sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
- Be Computer literate.
How to apply;
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should send their application letters indicating the title of the position along with a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to the address below to reach us by Friday January 23, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Human Resources & Admin. Manager
P.O. Box 45038-00100
or email email@example.com